Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A LOVE-ly Weekend

How many times can you celebrate Valentine's Day? I'm going to go with 4. We went to the wedding on Thursday night, see previous post. Then on Friday night, our ward held a nice little dinner and dancing night at the church. Dinner was good and then there was supposed to be dancing, but again with the "why are people such poops" thing. I will admit, the music was nothing I would ever listen to, mostly because I think it was from the 40's. We slow danced a few times with about 3 other couples and then we mostly just sat and chatted with people we love. It was a really nice night.

Saturday, my list was really long. I got laundry and children started, then took Whitley to track and ran my 7 miles around a neighborhood close to the school. It was a crappy run, but I did it. Got home, took a shower and headed right back out to my nail appointment. They made me wait almost half an hour which always sucks, especially when I rushed so much to get there. After my pedicure, I told the girl I wanted a heart on my big toe. She started to do it, but it was upside down to me. I mentioned this and it totally confused her. After conferring with another girl and the manager, she looked at me and said "I can't do that". She tried something else and it looked like a blob, still upside down. I told her I didn't want that and that I wanted the heart the other way. Again, a conference and the reply "I can't do that". I'm totally giggling by now. Is it that hard to draw a heart upside down?? It's not, try it. So finally she wheels her chair around, cranks herself over my leg and tries to do it from this angle. I'm looking really silly in my chair trying to sit in a way that she can reach my foot. The other girl working next to me smiles and says "you special!" Seriously?? They ended up looking goofy anyway, but at least not upside down.

Glade and I headed to the store (he met me at the salon and witnessed the whole ordeal) to pick some things up for Sunday dinner and our dinner we were going to in a few hours. At home, I tried to lay down for a quick nap, but couldn't shut my mind off. We went to our Game's Night Valentine's dinner where we grilled up some steak and had a great dinner and then played games. Another really fun night.

It doesn't end there. Sunday, Glade got me three different cards that he had left in conspicuous places throughout the day. He did really good. The whole family came for dinner and we played games until everyone left. What a fun and long weekend!

Monday we did Rhett's birthday party. I took Katy, Bo and Brooklyn to see the Tooth Fairy instead of the movie the kids were seeing. It was cute, but Bo and Katy were not really interested so that was a nightmare. Up, down, up, down...bathroom..repeat. I was so grouchy by the time I left there I almost wanted to cry. It seemed that the day drug on forever! I decided on hamburgers for dinner and for some reason, when we have hamburgers, everyone is happy. There's just a happy feeling in the air, weird. It's nice though. We had FHE and then I settled in to watch the Bachelor. Even after all that, the day couldn't end fast enough. I laid in bed wishing the clock would hurry up. Turns out I got a great night's sleep and was so happy when I woke up this morning. Ahhhhh! That ended quickly, but that's a whole nother post!

No comments: