Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Used my passes for THAT??

Today Chelsey had a dentist apt at 7 am and she was supposed to get out of school by 9 am, so I didn't make her go back. Instead, I thought we could take this opportunity to go see a movie together. I really needed to get a lot of other stuff done, but what the heck! I even had decided since I had free passes and a refill left on my bag of popcorn, I would splurge and put Bo and Katy in the playplace at the theater. When we got there, they informed us that the playplace didn't open until 11 am. Our movie was at 10:15. Crap. We gave in and decided to walk around the mall. After just a few minutes, I had another idea. We went back to the theater and I asked if they (the babies) could sit with us until it opened. They agreed, so we went. I was happy that the theater was nearly empty and I figured as long as we had popcorn, they would be OK. They did pretty well and finally the time came, so I took them out and to the play area. It cost me $6 per kid and they LOVED it. They even made an actual craft. Totally worth it. I will remember that next time I think Katy won't like the movie the other kids are seeing. Same price but someone else has her. Nice.

As for the movie, what a hunk of junk. It made it worse that I was with my 17 yr old daughter, but the entire movie was based on sex. It's only PG 13 but they just talk about sex the whole time. It was really uncomfortable and I'm completely ashamed that I didn't just get up and leave. There were about 7 different relationships they dwelt on and only one of them were married. Even in that one, the wife admitted she had cheated. Two were high school couples and the one person in the whole movie that decided that his career had stopped him from what he wanted most, marriage and family, then announces that he's gay. Seriously? This movie wasn't about love and romance, it was pretty much just about stupid people who cheat and just shows the sexual aspect of their relationships. For having such big names and revolving around a holiday connected with LOVE, it was hugely disappointing. Sorry Chels.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

bummer! It really bugs me when they do that with movies. The play area sounds like a great idea though.

Jake and Jenny said...

It was nice to make the effort to be with Chelsey, and that is what she will remember. Too bad there are so many movies going in that direction!