Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day Camp and Dear John

Friday night I was super ready for some "big girl" time but Glade thought he was going to have to work till 7 or so. I decided I would just go walk the mall since it's been so long. I headed out around 5 and returned a few things. By the time I got to the mall, a huge headache had made itself known. As I was pulling into the mall, Glade called and said he was leaving work. What?? I hadn't even gotten into the mall yet. I went to a few stores and then walked over to the restaurant where we were meeting and put our names in. By this time, for some weird reason, I felt like crying. I have no idea what happened. I was fine and then all of a sudden I was fighting back tears. Not good when you are in public and your husband is about to arrive for a nice dinner. I wiped away the few that escaped and tried to focus on all the people around me to distract myself. Glade got there soon, we ate and decided an early night would suit us both. We were home by 7:45. Not exactly the night I was anticipating.

I have been really congested and not feeling great anyway, which is probably why I kept getting headaches (sniffling, coughing etc.) So, I downed me some NyQuil and headed to bed. I'm pretty sure I was out by 9. About 4 am Katy came in my room with a fever and a nasty croup cough. I had heard her coughing weird earlier in the day so I thought this might happened. I had already gotten out the breathing machine that I need to return to Tracie (oops) and gotten everything set up in case this happened. I was very glad I had taken the time. I gave her some Tylenol, put her on the machine till the medicine ran out and laid her in bed with me for the rest of the night. I didn't sleep much after that.

Saturday morning was an early one anyway because it was our Stake Cub Day Camp. I had to be there by 7:30 to help Robyn set up the horse stuff. Our pack spent the day teaching groups of boys about horses and riding and saddling. I, of course, know very little, so I roamed around taking attendance and helping out where needed. By noon, my headache had returned and I was ready to go home. We had enough help, so I did. After a shower and a short nap, I went back to help finish up camp and rushed home to meet friends for our date night.

We had planned to go see Dear John and have dinner. Since some of us were doing camp, we were running a little late, but luckily Tracie went early and saved us good seats. DISCLAIMER: I'm about to tell my thoughts on the movie so don't read if you are going to be mad about knowing stuff.


It was very emotional and I felt bad for making Glade come with me. Most chick flicks are humorous as well, but this one was pretty much just about their relationship. It was good, but painful to watch and very heartbreaking. It's the classical tale of "bad timing" in which they can never quite get it together at the same time. I loved both main characters, very believable and obvious chemistry. Just sad. So, with that all said, I did like it, it just wasn't a feel good, light hearted date movie. I say take the girls, you will love it!

Now, to my anonymous friend, I'm going to just call you Anny from now on. Ü In keeping with friendly banter, I just want to point out to you that in no way did I criticize people who like dogs. Some of the people I love the most, love their dogs like children. I'm ok with that. The people I was criticizing were those who lock their dogs in a gated desert trash heap. These dogs are given no attention nor are they loved on. If you were to see where most of these dogs reside, you would wonder why anyone bothered as well. I have a dog who we love and care for. He is outside in my non-fenced in yard. He does not run and bark and act like he is going to devour every thing that passes our yard. If he does bark at things, we go tell him to stop. I will re-state for the record, I have no understanding of why these people need multiple attack dogs who reside in broken down shacks in the middle of nowhere. That's all I'm saying.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

First of all, you were very clear about the dogs in your neighborhood.

Secondly, if someone doesn't approve of how you live your life, why is he or she still reading about it?

Finally, I'm not sure people who won't admit their identities when publicly posting their own opinions are worth responding to at all. Really not worth the time or effort.

xo
Les.