Wednesday, July 22, 2015

First Day of School 2015

It's July 22, 2015 and the kids have just gone back to school for their first day!  This is a scary day because my two oldest just switched back to a school they have been away from for 3 years.  I hope they do ok, and find their friends from before and new ones that will help them to be successful and happy.  Dalin is starting high school this year, making 3 high schoolers!  Yikes for me.  Bo and Katy both got the teachers they were hoping to get and I know they'll do great.  Now, I'm not that mom that's all gushy like "oh my babies, I'll miss them so much!".  Nope, let's get real.  All day every day togetherness is not really good for anyone!  I love them to pieces, but we are all happier when we've had some time away.  Sincerely, my kids are so much happier when their brains have been active, their bodies moving and they've had interaction with peers.  This is healthy!  And I love being able to get stuff done and have my brain all to myself for a bit each day.  Then I'm way more ready to take on the rest of the day and the chaos that comes from homework, extra curriculars, dinner and bedtimes.  It's a win win.  As we were looking for classes at the HS, I saw this on the wall and was super excited that my kids school does not shy away from using scripture in their teaching.  I mean after all, what better book to get good advice from?







No comments: