Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Skype 2015

The long awaited day!  Because of time differences and church, we weren't able to Skype till 8pm our time.  Long wait!!  BUT, he called my phone first....I seriously thought someone else was posing as him, he sounded so different. If he would have randomly called and didn't tell me who it was I wouldn't have guessed it was my own son!  I made him tell me something personal and even then I told him I still didn't believe him.  Then he laughed and I knew....it's him.  Took a few minutes to get everything set up, but then we were good.  The whole family talked to him for about an hour.  They all took a turn telling him stuff and asking questions.  He was so sweet and patient with them. He took us on a tour of his apartment and sort of met his companion.  Even showed us the inside of his fridge.  I had let them all know I wanted him to myself for awhile, since after all, it's MOTHER'S day. So after an hour, they all said goodbye and I took the laptop into my room for some quiet time.  It was so great!  We talked for an hour, just he and I.  We talked about more personal things going on and some reflection.  We talked about his plans for college, Taylor, some of his companions and the challenges of being on a mission.  I can't express how awesome it was just to talk to him like old times.  And I only cried once!  I didn't even cry when we said goodbye, it wasn't that hard at all.  Lots of moms expressed their post Skype blues, but not me.  I felt really content.  I love love love him.





As a side note, I had to talk in sacrament meeting today.  They had a returned missionary report and a couple of missionary moms report on how their sons were doing and to share a faith promoting story.  Welp, I'm sure you can imagine, that was a tear fest for me.  I wasn't even sure what I was going to say when I got up there cuz every time I tried to start figuring it out in my head,I would start to cry.  So not fair to ask a MM to do that on Mother's Day.

No comments: