Sunday, May 3, 2015

Missionary Skype

The best gift.  Missionaries are allowed to call home twice a year.  Christmas and Mother's Day.  He'd been out just about 7 months at Christmas.  I was so excited to talk to him, and a little nervous.  Was I going to cry?  Would it be like saying goodbye all over again?  Anyway, I almost missed his call to tell us he was ready to Skype.  Rhett was having me check out his new headphones and my phone was laying on the counter next to me.  I heard a faint song, and started to comment that these headphones weren't really very good when someone pointed at my phone and said "I think your phone is ringing".  I looked down and it had a number with "Hawaii" under it.  I screamed just a little.  So we connected and spent the next 3 hours talking to my boy.  His mission president gave the direction "don't spend all day doing it".  I only cried a little, as I do right now just thinking about it.  It was so wonderful to see his smile and hear his laugh.  And in a strange twist of tender mercy, the connection got really bad at the end and we weren't really even able to say goodbye.  Probably for the best.  Oh how I love him. ♥





No comments: