Saturday, December 6, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

What a blur Thanksgiving was!  I'll try to sum it up without going all over the place!


Wednesday evening we always do Thanksgiving with Glade's family at the church.  It was lovely as always.  Except...I had a crazy allergy attack right before so I felt like crud the whole time I was there.  I wasn't exactly a bunch of fun that night.  But the kids always have a great time.

Thursday morning I awoke about 4 am and thought "it's too early, I have to run, must go back to sleep.  But...I could be missing all the black Friday online deals.  No...they'll still be there.  But what if they sell out?  I should just get up and check.  No, you need sleep, you have a long day.  But, what if?"  So, naturally, I got up and did most of my shopping, with free shipping to my house!  I got pretty much everything I really wanted so now all the stress of  "how am I gonna get it all done" was gone!  Went back to bed for an hour and then got around for the Turkey Trot.

I had been training for a couple of months, even got up to 4 miles (slowly), but about two weeks before the race, something popped in my calf during a run.  It hurt and made me walk funny for a week.  So...I didn't run anymore before the race.  I was seriously NOT prepared for it.  But, it's tradition and as I always say...anyone can walk 6 miles.  So away we went!!

Grandma, Chelsey, Spencer and Katy walked the 2 mile.  Rhett ran the one mile as a warm up. Crazy.  Then the rest of us, including Bo, Whitley and Nick did the full 10K (6.2 miles).  Since none of us had really trained, we kind of had a plan to stick together and just finish as a family.  Well that lasted about...not at all.  Bo took off trying to stay with Rhett (Ha!), but when he couldn't, he stayed with Dalin (who left me at a quarter mile), and then with Glade until he couldn't keep up there and ended up beating me by 3 minutes.  I never saw him though.  I wanted to at least try, so I didn't stick with Whitley, Nick and Brooklyn , who were walking till the end.  So basically I ran alone.  The only bad part about that was that I didn't bring my headphones with me so we could have "good family conversation".  Now I had to hear my heavy breathing the whole time!!  But I made it!!  I wanted to quit...several times... but I kept going.  yeah me!





After the Turkey Trot, we always get Circle K drinks before heading home.  Well, on the way home, we had to pull over twice so I could try to puke.  What??  I don't puke!!  It was awful.  I only dry heaved once, about a quarter mile from our house, but never threw up. I came home, showered and laid down for a bit.  Then had to kick it into high gear to get ready for dinner!

This year we had lots of fun guests.  Our friends the Kettrings and the Williams joined us along with my mom's friend Yen.  Then the missionaries made a surprise appearance during dinner.  I have one picture of them playing football in the back yard.  Dinner was good, it was crowded and noisy, but loved being with people I love.  

We had hoped to play some games, but we were all just pooped.  After most left, we went over the ads and planned for the next day.  Black Friday!!


So we didn't shop at all on Thursday, but headed out about 6 am on Friday.  Mom, Chelsey and Whitley did a little in town while Jenny, Melanie and I did some out here where we live.  Tracie was a loner until breakfast.  We all met at Village Inn to fuel up for the day.  

We spent the next 11 hours shopping.  Awesomeness!!  It was a very successful day!  


lunch at Firehouse Subs

My poor kids were home alone all day so when I got home at 6 pm, I felt bad and tried to scrape up a left over dinner for them.  I was soooo tired!!  I seriously just wanted to go to bed.  They thought that was lame, so in an effort to pass another hour, we loaded up and went to Dairy Queen.  Perfect, home by 8 and I was in bed!  Fabulous Day!!

No comments: