Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Temple Lights and Car Rides


Annual visit to the Mesa AZ Temple lights.  This year we went with our friends the Johnsons, Bryants, Kettrings and another family friends with Johnsons and Taylor.  They had a few different lighting effects this year that I loved!  And the manger was beautiful as always.  They played little snippets of talks from our leaders at the manger scene and as one was talking, Katy says "hey! that's one of our leaders talking!"  I love that she recognized his voice.  She's listening. ♥  While there, I got my weekly email from Stephen so I had to sit on a bench to take a minute to read his email and chat back and forth with him for a min.  Always makes my week.  After walking around, we all went to the church parking lot and had hot chocolate and donuts.  That's tradition.  I love traditions!!








The Ride Home

I love the ride home from these events.  Everyone is starting to be tired and is mostly just chill.  Christmas music playing, lights here and there.  I think I love it so much because I have a very distinct memory of driving home from our Grandma's house one Christmas.  I must have been 9 or so.  It was late, I was tired....I was laying across the seat in the van and looking out the window.  There was snow.  I even remember the song on the radio.  Funny actually, it was Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.  But what I remember most is how I felt so "content" riding in the quiet, seeing the snow, hearing music.  I was happy.  Life was good.  I hope my children can catch a moment like that.  Just one.  

No comments: