Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Wise Man Built His House...


This is how our land is coming.  It's been a slow process, but it's coming along.  We redid our floorplans about 3 times and finally came to something we could both live with and met our most important wants.  I say wants because that's the kind of house we are building.  The house we WANT to live in for the rest of our days.  Nothing fancy, but roomy and nice.   We finally met with the architect and are now started down the road.  I have been through MANY model homes in the last weeks trying to get ideas and room dimensions and some sort of verification of what I thought I really wanted.  Here are just a few pics of the many I took, lol.  Noting, my house will never look like these!

 This is actually the floor plan of the the home we used as our base.

 another angle of our base floor plan


 This is what I would like my kitchen to look like

 or this...



And this is what I gave Ben, the architect to use as an inspiration for my front elevation.

I'm sure this road will be long and frustrating, especially since we plan on being our own GC, but I'm way excited to actually get going on it!  Hopefully this time next year I'll be begging you all to help me move. ♥

No comments: