Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rhett Gives a Talk



This kid.  Some days I can't stop my heart from swelling so much I think it might burst, others...well...let's just say he's lucky to be alive.  Last Sunday, he received his Patriarchal Blessing.  It's always such a special time to have that experience with my kids.  This was no different.  He truly is an amazing kid with so much potential and talent.  I can't wait for the day he can see it and take off.  Right after his blessing started, I got this major coughing fit, you know..how you are gasping and can't inhale and tears are running down your cheeks?  Oy.  But it was really special and I'm so proud of who he is becoming.

Today he gave his first talk in church.  I was a little worried because he's a bit lazy and doesn't put a lot  of effort into much.  So we hadn't seen or read his talk before he actually presented it today.  I was absolutely so proud of him.  He did so great and his talk had substance and order and he didn't just read it.  Proud Mommy moment.  He turns 16 in three days and our whole world is gonna start changing.  Dating, driving, trust, independence.  I'm not sure I'm quite ready yet.....


No comments: