Sunday, February 9, 2014

I'm a Temple Worker


This whole temple thing has  been quite a whirlwind of awesomeness!  Because of it's location, I have driven by the temple at least once a week, often more, since it first broke ground.  For the three years I watched it "become", I never really though of it being special to me.  Being "mine" if you will.  Then I got asked to teach the choreography to the youth for the Cultural Celebration.  Pretty cool.  Later that day I was asked to be a tour guide during the open house.  That has been amazing.  I have spent 3-5 days a week walking that temple for the last three weeks.  The experiences, while nothing miraculous, have been positively sweet and joyful.  I have loved every minute spent down there.  I can't believe there are only a few days left.  

Several months ago I started paperwork to become a temple worker once its dedicated.  After what seemed like forever, I finally got the call.  I met with the Temple President on Thursday.  He assigned me to work in the baptistry every Thursday from 11 - 4.  I'm so excited to be able to spend my time serving in the Temple!!  A whole new chapter beginning.  Now, as I take my tours through that beautiful place, I imagine all the wonderful experiences I'm going to have down there.  I affectionately call it "my temple".  The blessing have certainly been pouring down.


No comments: