Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another Birthday - Rhett 16


Rhett turned 16 in February and it came without much fanfare.  He didn't want a party, just a trip to JumpStreet with a friend.  All is birthday money went towards a choir trip to California, so it really just kind of came and went. Though I did splurge and get him a running GPS watch, to which he replied  "you did not!!  I love you!!".  So I guess it was a hit.  He's been very responsible with it so far.



He went on his first date just a few days after his birthday with a girl named Elise.  It was a girl ask guy dance and had a fairy tale theme.  He thought they were dressing up like a Disney couple, but when she got there, she wasn't and he was.  He felt stupid so he went up stairs and changed.  Poor kid, he worked hard on his outfit and looked good.  He had fun though. Ü

He can't get his drivers Licence till April, so we are just waiting on that one.  He auditioned for a play called Saturday's Warrior yesterday and did so great.  This is a show from my youth that I've always loved.  My kids have been subjected to it many times and they too love it.  There's only one part he could get and they want a tap dancer, so it's highly unlikely.  Though he sang really well and it didn't look like they had a good turn out for auditions.  We'll have to wait and see.  I'm just so proud of him for trying.

No comments: