Monday, April 22, 2013

Week in Review

Busy busy week!  

Monday: Callbacks.  This was a fun night with a lot of amazing talent!  We were even done by 9.  Because I was gone again for FHE, I made a Costco run and got all the stuff that we needed for our 72 hour kits.  I failed on getting it done for conference weekend and my kids were bugging me wanting to eat them so I got that done so they could have an actual FHE that night.  Feels good to be freshly prepared.  

Tuesday: Visiting  Teaching.  Seriously.. and it's only the middle of the month!  I went straight from VT to pick up Katy, have lunch with her and  Whitley and then to the PAC to meet with Molly and finalize the casting of the show.  That night I had to go back again for a full production meeting to get a schedule figured out.  Long day.

Wednesday: Wednesday was windy!  I can't believe it's still been cool during the day.  Jenny and I decided to go to the park and I about froze.  I ended up putting Katy's extra jacket over my arms and snuggling in.  It was nice to sit outside and talk and let the kids play though.  That afternoon I had scouts but my good friend Alicen came and taught them some sign language so I didn't really have to do much.  After, she came over to pick up her kids and we decided she would stay and eat dinner with me.  Later, her husband joined us and we talked till almost 9.  I have great friends.

Thursday: Exercise.  I have not done enough of that lately!  Since Whitley was home that day, she took care of Katy so Jenny and I could go to Goodwill.  I've been in full swing decorating my house (finally!)  I was looking for a few things and was lucky enough to find them.  I'm almost done and it's finally starting to look like a house that is put together.  It's been a year, ya know!  That night we had our first rehearsal for the Wiz.  It was lots of fun and I think we are going to have a great cast.  

Friday: Happy Birthday Stephen!!  Mom and Chelsey came out to help me do more decorating and Whitley had the morning off, so we bought some balloons and lunch and took them to Stephen at school.  I'm pretty sure we sufficiently embarrassed him.  His birthday was pretty uneventful since he went to Cali and used all his money for that and had to work that night.  We got a lot done on my house, I'm loving it.  Took Brooklyn to get some fillings done so we can now officially get her braces on.  For date night, we had a quick dinner at Panda Express and then saw the movie The Host.  I was pleasantly surprised!  I hadn't read the book, so I didn't already have any expectations and I really liked it.  




Saturday: Oy!  Longest day ever.  Got up early to get my paperwork done, then took the kids and headed to play practice.  Was there for 4 hours.  We finished at one and Katy's dance recital was at 2.  I got home just in time to do her hair and get her back to the school.  Along with that, track kids had to be there before two to catch the bus to their 4 pm meet in phoenix.  Katy did awesome and wasn't nervous at all.  She did three different dances and was GREAT!  We left the recital, went home and packed up and headed to the meet.  Mom drove so that was nice.  Glade spent the whole day working on a rental property in town so he missed all the fun.  The meet started at 4 and lasted till... well I don't know how long, we left.  By 9:15 my kids were so tired and ready to go home. Dalin had a campout the night before so was on very little sleep and very emotional.  He really wanted to run his last race, but couldn't hardly quit crying from his race before.  He almost fell asleep on my lap.  Brooklyn had finished hers, scratched all three discus throws and won the shot put.  Katy and Bo were also very ready to go so we loaded up and went home.  Got in bed by about 10:30.  




 Rhett was ineligible this meet but had a cool experience.  The announcer was talking about the senior boy who always wins these races, the same one who always won cross country too.  But after that, he was talking about up and coming runners to be watching for and mentioned about 3 boys and one was Rhett!  I was so proud of him, other than his crappy grades cuz he didn't turn in his homework. :(  Anyway, I can't wait till he realizes how good he can be.

Sunday: Early.  We have 8 am church and after the day we had before, it was a little rough getting started.  I hadn't located anyone's church clothes and honestly just didn't want to get up.  Lucky for me, in my sleepy haze, I mentioned Sunday clothes to Rhett when he got home from the dance and he found them and put them on the ironing board for me.  We were there in plenty of time and only had slightly grouchy kids.  I was even able to get a nap later that day!  We had Sunday dinner and irrigation.  The two don't really go together causing all the kids to have to play in the house the whole time.  It was loud!  But I love my family and it's totally worth it.  I have to be honest in saying, I was very ready for my bed by the end of the night!!

It was a funfilled, crazy week, but we made it through and have another one coming up right after this.  Someday things will slow down....




No comments: