Sunday, April 14, 2013

More track updates

This last Friday the kids had a track meet at their school.  I was able to go for just a couple of hours before I had to be at auditions.  I got to see Brooklyn do shot put, which she took first in and had a PR, but that was it.  I had to leave right before they were getting the mile run started which Dalin and Rhett would both be running. It was really frustrating to have to leave when they were getting so close.  I had mom text me when they were done so I would at least know how they did.  Rhett got 3rd in the mile AND PR'd with a 5:49.  I was so proud of him and so bummed I missed it.  He is really figuring out how to get it done.  Unfortunately he starts every race telling himself he doesn't feel good and so it won't be a good run.  Someday maybe he will be able to conquer his mind.  Dalin also PR'd with a 6:41 mile.  That's 22 seconds better than his last race!  Again, so bummed I missed it.  I could comfort myself in knowing that my Mom was there supporting them and that Glade would be there at some point.  But then I got a text from mom saying "Dalin said: I know I have a lot of people her supporting me, but why is it I just want my Mom to be here?"  Oy.  I know it's totally sweet, but it didn't make me feel very good about not being there.  I know it's fine, just wish I could duplicate myself some days!!

Rhett also took 2nd in the 2 mile and Brooklyn took first in the discus with a PR of ten feet further than her last.  I love that she has found something to be good at.  She just glows when she's competing.  Dalin is only a 6th grader so he has lots of time to get better and he's off to such a good start.  It's so fun and rewarding to watch them become and BE.

No comments: