Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why I haven't blogged

I miss blogging.  But sometimes when you sit down to empty your brain, the fingers just don't want to.  Or maybe it's the heart.  We've had a lot going on here the last month or so that isn't so pleasant.  I feel like I try to keep my blog pretty real.. the good, the bad and the ugly.  Sometimes though, the ugly is more than I like to share.  It's no secret that we have been dealing with a son with drug problems.  That's kind of old news.  The new news is that its started to affect almost everything we do.  Some days you are filled with hope and a brightness of the future, then the very next day you are slammed with the reality that what you thought was real,  wasn't.  It's been quite the roller coaster.  The constant battle has tainted many of our normally fun and exciting activities.  So when I want to sit and blog about birthdays and trips and events, it's difficult to paint them as rosy when I know there was so much drama attached.  At the same time, I don't feel it's appropriate or pleasant to just lay it all out there either.  In the end it's just been easier to not do anything.  But life is passing by and I hate that I haven't recorded so many great things.  We still battle everyday.  Good days, bad days, even strange days.  That's reality.  What's also reality is that life is great!  So with that, I'm going to give my every attempt to get caught up on all that I've missed in the last month.  No, I'm not adding any of the drama.  Yes, I'm going to paint them as rosy, cuz gosh darn it....they deserve that!