Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Lovely Dream

Some days I feel restless, like I just need to change things up a bit.  It's one of my many flaws.  Lately it's been in decorating my house.  I just want a little something different.  I started collecting decor items from others through yard sales and such.  Using Bunko as a means to a new piece here and there.  The problem is... I have no time or energy to put it all into place.  So, it sits in a big pile making one more mess for  me to deal with.  The real problem is... is that the biggest change that needs to be made is actually getting new couches.  We have three sets of couches in our house and they all need to go.  Unfortunately, I don't have the money to replace them.  That would fall in line right behind our dishwasher that barely washes and our dryer that takes forever and makes a serious clunking sound.

So while falling asleep last night I had great dreams about purging my whole house.  (I'm most ambitious on the brink of sleep)  The thoughts of empty closets and bare walls were really delightful!  I would have my own yard sale or list some things on craigslist and just get rid of everything, start from scratch.  Doesn't it make sense??  Then I could get new couches, at least one set and start decorating on bare walls and shelves.  Besides, once it's been bare for awhile, anything will look good and fresh!  My mind was reeling.



Sleep came and so did morning.  I went to my closet to grab some clothes and all my dreams were dashed. "Wow, this closet will take forever to purge.. and the office, yikes!"  Well, maybe it'll have to wait till next week when things aren't so crazy.  Ü

No comments: