Monday, June 11, 2012

Flying By

Summer just seems to be whizzing by!  I know it's only the second week of June, BUT it's our third week of summer and I haven't felt crazy even once.  Ok, maybe one time.  Between appointments, movies, the library, and most of all OLIVER.. time is moving quickly.

We have been to the CGCC to get Whitley ready for school in the fall.  That was an experience.  The financial aid lady was RUDE!  Even Stephen commented on how she treated me.  We've gotten almost all the kids clothes to start their new school in the fall.  That's a whole post in itself.  There is a new school going up very close to us owned by a friend of ours.  We had always intended for Rhett to start there for high school, but the other kids would stay at their current school.  We have been very happy there.  Well randomly the kids started saying they wanted to go to the new school. I reminded them of the uniforms and tucked in shirts and belts.. blah blah.. are you sure you're ok with that.  Oh yes!  When I asked why they wanted to go, it was because their friends were switching.  I mentioned that was no reason to choose a school.  I told Dalin maybe he should pray about it and see what answer he got.  Now, I never really expected him to, I just wanted to point out that there is a right way to make choices.  Well, two days later he said he'd been praying and feels like the new school is the right one for him.  Yikes!  How do I combat that??  Bo was all on board for the new school, but Brooklyn was another story.

Every time it was mentioned, she cried. It's her 8th grade year and she did NOT want to leave her friends.  But more importantly, she was NOT NOT wearing a uniform.  After some consideration, I told her she could finish at her school but that she would be starting high school at the new school.  The other kids were excited for their new adventure, including Katy.  Brooklyn thought for a little bit and decided she would pray about it.  Sunday morning, she came down stairs and told me she didn't know why, but that she felt like she should go to the new school. She even got up in testimony meeting to bear her testimony about getting answers to prayers.  So now we're all set.

Well, not exactly.  I got an email two days after that telling me that Katy was on a waiting list for kindergarten.  What??  Now what do I do?  Make her go to a different school all by herself?  Make everyone go one more year at the old school?  I went to the school to talk to the lady and express my concerns. She took a message and said she would pass it along.  Within half a day I got an email saying things worked out and they would have room for her.  I'm pretty sure there were some strings pulled, but I really don't care.. Now we ARE all set!

I found couches!!  Well, I found them but the guy hasn't called me back.  Craigslist.  So today I actually started taking everything off my walls and shelves.  I'm even trying to sell some of it so I can pay for the couches if the guy ever calls me back.  I love having bare walls.  Already the possibilities are creeping into my head.  I want to add blue and do more farmhouse/shabby chic.  I get my carpets cleaned today and now everything is going to be back at scratch.  Woohoo!

The play will be over in two weeks, with rehearsals almost every night until then.  This has been a really good experience for me.  It's very different than Glee was and just fun.  I'm even learning to tap!  We are doing a show in the Spring that requires tapping so Molly is teaching a class so we can have people who know how.  I totally suck at it, but it will be a fun process.  All my kids are learning as well.

Once Oliver is over, we are right on to our two summer vacations and then school starts!

No comments: