Friday, June 15, 2012

Keepin On

Well, I got my couches.  They are white leather: a couch, loveseat, chair and ottoman for $350.  They are much better than what I had, but I was a little disappointed.  They are quite small.  So much so that I fit all four pieces into my tiny living room.  Again, they are better than what I had so I'm not complaining, just not as good as I had hoped for.  My carpets were a little disappointing as well.  They didn't come that clean.  Now, I take responsibility for that one.. it's the first time they have been cleaned in 5 years.  Still, I think they should have come a little cleaner.

The day the carpet cleaners were coming, I started moving furniture out of the rooms and decided to take stuff off my walls as well. Then I decided to start selling it!  Yep, I sold several pieces and made close to $100.  Then I went and bought a few pieces I had been wanting.  The day I started putting my furniture back, my mind was going crazy with the things I could do.  It's all very exciting, but I have to remember.. go slow!  I'm really anxious to try painting one of my tables.  That will probably have to wait till the kids are in school.

Little has changed since my last post.  Still doing the play thing every night.  Days are spent trying to do paperwork, catch up on laundry and I even got some exercise in one day.  My house stinks. Seriously, summer smell drives me crazy. Too many bodies and foods all trapped inside a closed up house, yuck.

Dalin went on a backpacking trip over night and had a really good time.  Nick is still working his job, but not loving it.  Stephen needs to get a job, he's looked a little, but nothing has panned out.  Bo is adorable in about everything he does.  He sliced his hand on a nail sticking out of our old couch so we superglued him up.  He's doing fine.  Rhett is super busy at the PAC so I feel like I never see him, but it's good for him.  He doesn't do well sitting around doing nothing.  Katy is getting a little sassy with her free agency, we are working on that.  Brooklyn loves being at the play and enjoys way too much drama. (not the good kind)Whitley is doing so great in her first lead role and is such a good example to those around her. Chelsey is enjoying married life as far as I can tell.  They will be so happy once their transportation situation gets solved.  It's fun having everyone in the play together, even Spencer.  

Glade misses his family. Between his stressful work situation, his busy calling and all of us being gone all the time, we don't see him as much as we'd like.  He's being a good sport though.  He bought me a new book I just started last night.  I haven't read in a while.  Sleep comes too easily. Ü  I'm sure we'll all be happy when we get some routine back into our lives.  For now, it's flying by the seat of our pants and trying to enjoy the ride!

No comments: