Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fall Sports

Flag Football
Dalin has been playing flag football this year.  He loves it!  Well, sort of.  He loves playing, but unfortunately he hasn't seen a ton of play time.  It's been really sad actually.  I even had a word with the coach one game when out of 22 players, three never went in.  Just three!  Of course, Dalin cried and I had nothing good to say to make it better.  We never quit, but I totally would have understood if he wanted to.  They decided to not do any cuts last  minute.  That meant they kept almost 25 kids.  They let them know that they may not get a lot of playing time, but never mentioned none.  We each payed our sports fee (which is probably why they didn't cut) and showed up to every practice.  Dalin gives his all to whatever he is doing, so to see him try so hard and then get benched was sad. But he still wanted to go do it.  Two games a week makes for a rough family life, but luckily Katy and Bo liked to come along and Mom was always there to keep me company, or drive when I couldn't.  Dalin proved to be very admirable in how he handled this yucky situation.




Cross Country

I love Cross Country season....usually.  Rhett has been a stinker this year.  From the beginning whining about how much he hates running and I've "always made him do it", to him coming around and actually being a little bit competitive back to whining about every work out.  I'm honestly done pushing this kid.  He's so talented, but unless he wants it, there's really not a lot I can do.  And it's quite exhausting trying to stay on top of it.  He's slower than he was last year even.  BUT, the other day, he was chatting away about next year's season.  This after I conceded that if he would commit to the rest of this year and be all in, he wouldn't have to do it next year id he didn't want to.  Who knows. 


No comments: