Wednesday, September 17, 2014

In his eyes...

So I do choreography for shows occasionally for our community theatre.  I love to dance!  Always have, but I don't exactly create well.  But for whatever reason, they keep letting me do it.  Right now I'm working with 60 kids from 7 - 12.  It's really exhausting!  But it's fun to dance a couple times a week, getting sweaty and watching them have fun and get better.

When I'm making up dances, it's usually in my bathroom...dressed in baggy unflattering clothes, sometimes without actual pants on even!  My hair is usually twisted up in some crazy fashion because I get sweaty when you have to do the same thing over and over trying to figure out what to do for the next 8 count.  Once I have finished a song and feel like that's what I want to go with, I have to video myself doing it, because in 7 hours when I have to teach it, I won't remember a thing.  These are very private videos NO ONE is allowed to see.  But they are like gold to me because while right there with the kids, I'll go blank and not remember a thing I made up.  So I pull up the video!

The other day, I hear a faint sound of one of the songs from the show playing.  I look over to see Bo watching my video!!  I ran over to verify that's what he was doing and took my phone away with a loud "rude!".  He was a little surprised and I realized I may have over reacted, but these are PRIVATE things.  A few minutes later as we were about to eat dinner, he says "you're a really good dancer, Mom".  Huh?  You noticed my dancing?  Didn't you see my sloppy clothes and sweaty hair??  Apparently he didn't.  He noticed his mom busting a move....and liked it.  My glory days are over and I'm not as "svelte" as I once was doing those moves, but it's fun and I love it and it makes me happy.  And it seems I might even be a little bit good at it.  At least Bo thinks so, and that made my day. ♥


No comments: