Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Week

 We finally got our Onza house on the market!  This last weekend Glade spent A LOT of hours trying to get everything finished so I could get in and clean.  Monday I did just that, 18,000 steps worth.  It was a long day, but in the end, it was finished (mostly) and they were able to come take pictures so it could be listed on Thursday. Sadly, it was a holiday weekend so it was slow going for showings.  But I'm done!  




Just for fun, I took this picture of a hot air balloon right in front of our house.  Because we have so many wide open spaces out here, they take off and land close by.  We regularly get to see these beautiful things up close and personal.  Bo decided he was going to propose in a hot air balloon when the time comes. ♥





Katy's school had a breakfast with Mom day so we went and enjoyed some juice and cinnamon rolls together.  I sure love this little gal. 




On a whim, Glade and I ended up at the opening game for the Diamondbacks.  We have season tickets through his business but they are shared with two other companies.  To my great surprise and luck, no one had claimed opening night, so we went!  We ate hot dogs and cheered and in the end, we won!!






This is Easter.  Sad, I know, but I'm so done with Easter baskets!  We canceled the Easter Bunny awhile ago because we didn't want the mess on Easter Sunday so now it's my job.  Well, this year we didn't do baskets and the kids each picked out their own stuff.  that was a fun shopping trip.  Brooklyn's is still due to arrive via Amazon.  




 Easter happened to also land on General Conference weekend.  We did our usual big breakfast of french toast and then gathered to watch conference.  I love love hearing our leaders counsel us. This round of conference had a few big changes including combining High Priest Group and the Elders Quorum.  Also turning Home and Visiting Teaching into one program known as Ministering.  We also had a solemn assembly to sustain our new Prophet Russell M. Nelson.  Was a great conference.  That evening, we gathered at Amy and Tyler's house for family dinner and managed a pic of all the hooligans. 


 This is Max our dog, I have a love-hate relationship with him.  Most the time I love him, he's a good dog, but he also smells and chews up our favorite shoes.  Today he drug himself through the mud.  And it was cute, so I took a picture.  it was 90 degrees.  


Lastly, our good friends the Rapiers came to visit for the weekend.  Sadly I took very few pictures.  Friday we joined them for a temple session and lunch.  Saturday, they came for lunch and watched conference with us and then the boys went to Priesthood session.  While the boys were away, we squished in my TV room to watch the Greatest Showman, which several had not yet seen.  Once the session was over, the adults went to dinner and ice cream.  I sure love that family and am so grateful for their friendship. 



No comments: